Cost of treatment
The cost of your orthodontic treatment will vary. A consultation is required to provide you with a quotation for proposed treatment.
What my braces fee includes
Active braces treatment
- All materials and supplies
- Doctor and staff time
- Correspondence with other dentists and doctors as needed
- Treatment progress reports to parents and dentists
- Impressions for indirects - setting up of braces and reshaping the edges of the front teeth to enhance aesthetics
- Fitting of braces
- Explanation to patient/parent/s regarding care of braces
- A braces starter kit including toothbrushes, interdental brush, toothpaste, wax, brace relief gel, fluoride rinse and disclosing tablets. Any further items required during treatment are available for purchase at reception.
- Appointments for a reasonable number of breakages
- All adjustment appointments
- All photographic records, explanations/instructions, during active treatment
Deband (braces removed)
- Removal of braces and removal of all dental resins and cement used to bond and fit the braces
- A detailed scale and polish of all teeth
- Fitting of upper bonded retainer, lower bonded retainer and an upper clear retainer
- Fitting a second upper clear retainer after 1 month
- Fluoride and tooth mousse application.
Retention treatment (approximately 3 years)
- Supervision of retainers for up to three years
- Retainer adjustments as needed
- Recall notices and appointments as needed
- All doctor and staff time
- Review of wisdom teeth if needed. An OPG radiograph may be required. One of our orthodontists will advise on the management of the wisdom teeth. There is a separate fee from the radiology clinic for the taking and printing of this radiograph (x-ray); however, more than half of this fee is claimable from Medicare.
- Progress reports and correspondence to dentists and doctors as needed.
We offer interest-free payment plans. To read more please click here.